A man has successfully killed a cancer-causing fungus by applying a chemical cocktail to his own skin.
The man was given a skin-cleansing pill by a doctor and the powder was then mixed with a chemical to kill the fungus.
The man, in his 30s, is a cancer survivor and had been prescribed the drug at the Mayo Clinic.
He had been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma when he was 10 years old.
But a doctor who treated him had a bad reaction to the medicine and he died on February 14, according to ABC News.
The doctor’s family believes the man was exposed to a poisonous gas or chemical while working in a laboratory.
They say the chemicals had already been used by a laboratory and had the potential to cause cancer.
The Mayo Clinic has released a statement about the case, saying that the man had been treated for Hodgkin lymphoma but that his cancer has progressed.
The statement said the patient was not in any danger of dying from the disease, but his treatment was inappropriate.
“The patient had been admitted to the Mayo clinic for treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma at the time of the poisoning,” the statement said.
“After he was discharged, the patient became infected with the organism which is now in his body.”
It is our position that it is the patient’s responsibility to make a complete assessment of any possible risks that could arise from the use of the contaminated preparation.
“The statement said tests showed that the patient had the fungus in his skin, and the drug had been tested to be safe.